Wednesday, February 8, 2012

3 days until launch

It's Wednesday evening in Winston-Salem and time to get this blog started with an inaugural post. My flight leaves for Entebbe on Saturday afternoon and I've been scrambling around trying to get all the loose ends tied up before heading out. One of those loose ends is this blog which is required for my rotation, and will provide me with a good forum to share some of my experiences. I'm headed to Kiwoko Hospital in Kiwoko Uganda which is a couple hours north of the capital of Kampala. It's a fairly large hospital (250 beds) in a rural setting about 20K from the nearest town of Luweero which has a population of 30000 or so. For those who don't remember where Uganda is, it's in the heart of Africa and has the Equator running right through it. Kenya is on the east, Sudan to the north, Congo to the west and Lake Victoria/Rwanda/Tanzania to the south. Anyway more to come once my feet hit the red dirt of Uganda!

1 comment:

  1. We will be praying for you. May God give you many blessings while you serve Him in Uganda. Prayerfully, your friends, Mr. & Mrs. Riniker :)

    ReplyDelete